Croxton (pronounced Crow-son) Kerrial is in north-east Leicestershire, 10 miles north-east of Melton Mowbray
Four nonconformists were living in the village in 1676. Just one dissenter, a Quaker, was reported to be in the village in 1706.
There was a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in 1851, built in 1835 and able to accommodate 160 worshippers. Only an afternoon service was held on Sunday 30 March 1851, attended by 110 people.
Return to Protestant Nonconformity: A-Z
A. Whiteman, The Compton Census of 1676: A Critical Edition (London, 1986), p. 339
 J. Broad (ed.), Bishop Wake’s Summary of Visitation Returns from the Diocese of Lincoln, 1706-1715 (Oxford, 2012), II, 759.