Dishley is a hamlet two miles north-west of Loughborough which was formerly the dairy to Garendon Abbey. Thorpe Acre is another small hamlet, about half a mile south-east of Dishley, now effectively within Loughborough.
The 1829 meeting house return combines Dishley and Thorpe Acre and records a congregation of 100 Baptists meeting.
Return to Protestant Nonconformity: A-Z
 A. Whiteman, The Compton Census of 1676: A Critical Edition (London, 1986), p.
 J. Broad (ed.), Bishop Wake’s summary of visitation returns from the diocese of Lincoln, 1706-1715. Part 2, Outside Lincolnshire (Huntingdonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Leicestershire, Buckinghamshire) (Oxford, 2012), 735
 ROLLR, QS 95/2/1/91