Burton Lazars is 2 miles south-east of Melton Mowbray.
No response from Burton Lazars survives to the Meeting House Return of 1829, and it is possible there were no nonconformist congregations meeting in the village at that date.
By 1851, a congregation of Wesleyan Methodists was meeting for worship, but not in a separate building and that building was not used exclusively for worship, suggesting it may have been the house or an outbuilding of one of their members. There was room for 40 worshippers. Only one service was held on Sunday 30 March 1851 and that was in the evening and was attended by 20 people. The average attendance was not reported, and no associated Sunday school was noted. By 1908, there was a Wesleyan chapel in the village, which appears to have been recently built.