South Croxton is 9 miles south-east of Barrow upon Soar and 8 miles north-east of Leicester.
The number of primitive Methodists in the Meeting House return of 1829 was described as ‘very few’ and no numbers were given. There is no mention of any Primitive Methodist congregations in the census return of religious worship in 1851. In 1863 it is recorded that the village had a chapel for exclusive Primitive Methodist worship and it was constructed in 1857. A Sunday school was present and was in association with the chapel.
Latter Day Saints
The 1851 census records that there was a congregation of Latter Day Saints who met in a building which was not exclusively used for worship, and which could seat 40 people.. On the 30th March 1851 an afternoon and an evening service had a congregation of 20 and 40 worshippers’ respectively. No average congregations were given for these services and no mention was made in respect of any associated Sunday school.