Knaptoft is 9 miles north-east of Lutterworth and 10 miles south of Leicester.
No response from Knaptoft survives to the Meeting House Return of 1829, and it is possible there were no nonconformist congregations meeting in the village at that date.
No return is recorded for Knaptoft in the 1851 census of religious worship; however a Baptist Chapel was noted in 1855.
 PO Dir. Leics. (1855) p.56