Orton on the Hill about 20 miles west of Leicester and close to the border of Warwickshire.
Richard Dowley was licensed to preach here in his house in 1672. Just two nonconformists were recorded in 1676. In 1706 the vicar reported ‘five Occasional dissenters who are Presbyterians, & One Quaker’. There was no longer any meeting house in the parish.
In 1829, 15 Methodists met for worship in a private house. No return was made to the 1851 religious census, and no chapel is noted in 19th- or early 20th-century trade directories.
 F. Bate, The Declaration of Indulgence 1672: A Study in the Rise of Organised Dissent (London, 1908)
 A. Whiteman, The Compton Census of 1676: A Critical Edition (London, 1986), p.
 J. Broad (ed.), Bishop Wake’s summary of visitation returns from the diocese of Lincoln, 1706-1715. Part 2, Outside Lincolnshire (Huntingdonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Leicestershire, Buckinghamshire) (Oxford, 2012), p. 884
 ROLLR, QS 95/2/1/179