Walton on the Wolds is 4 miles east of Loughborough and 12 miles west of Melton Mowbray.
A congregation of 50 Primitive Methodists met in the village in 1829. No return was made to the 1851 census of religious worship. A Primitive Methodist chapel was noted in a directory of 1881, but its existence does not appear to have been noticed by compilers of other directories either before or after that date. No further information is known at this stage of our research.
There was no evidence of any Wesleyan Methodists in the Meeting House Return of 1829, but by 1851 a Wesleyan congregation was meeting, although not in a building with exclusive use for worship. There was seating capacity for 60. On Sunday 30 March 1851 there were no services or none reported and there was similarly no evidence of a Sunday school. The only data presented was that the average congregation for an afternoon service was 16 persons. Trade directories do not mention any Wesleyan chapel in the village.
A chapel is shown on the 1:2500 Ordnance Survey maps of 1884 and 1921, to the north of the village green, but set well back from the road. No denomination is given.