Muston (pronounced Musson) is a small village in the Vale of Belvoir, about 10 miles north of Melton Mowbray.
The houses of William Goodacre and John Pickering were registered for Protestant worship in 1778.
Although no response survive to the meeting house return of 1829, a Wesleyan Methodist chapel had been built in the village in 1802, with 50 free and 7 other seats. By 1851 a Wesleyan Reformed congregation was meeting there; they did not provide details of the numbers attending Sunday services on 31 March 1851, but provided average figures of 40 for an evening service and 43 for a morning Sunday school, adding ‘the agitation among the Wesleyans has caused great variation in the congregation’. The chapel was described as Methodist Free Church in 1863, and had become a United Methodist chapel by 1908.
 A. Whiteman, The Compton Census of 1676: A Critical Edition (London, 1986), p. 340
 J. Broad (ed.), Bishop Wake’s summary of visitation returns from the diocese of Lincoln, 1706-1715. Part 2, Outside Lincolnshire (Huntingdonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Leicestershire, Buckinghamshire) (Oxford, 2012)
 ROLLR, QS 44/1/2
 TNA, HO 129/427/49
 White, Hist. Gaz. & Dir. Leics. (Sheffield, 1863) p. 374
 Kelly’s Dir. (1908) p. 538