Ragdale is a small village, 6 miles west of Melton Mowbray.
No nonconformist congregation was noted here in 1829. By 1851 the Primitive Methodists were meeting in a house, where 40 people could sit, with space for another 50 to stand. It is not clear what time of day their services were held, but on 31 March 1851 about 30 people were present for worship.
At this stage in our research, no further information has been found.
 R.H. Evans, ‘Nonconformists in Leicestershire in 1669’, Trans LAHS 25 (1949), p. 138
 A. Whiteman, The Compton Census of 1676: A Critical Edition (London, 1986), p. 338
 TNA, HO 129/418/41