Walcote is a small village about 2 miles east of Lutterworth and within the parish of Misterton.
Walcote is not specifically mentioned in either the 1669 return of conventicles or the 1676 Compton census, but the house of William Chapman was licensed for Presbyterian meetings in 1672.
William Cooper’s house was licensed for dissenting meetings in 1807, but the denomination which met here is not recorded.
At this stage of our research, no further information has been found
 F. Bate, The Declaration of Indulgence 1672: A Study in the Rise of Organised Dissent (London, 1908), p. lxxii.
 ROLLR, QS 44/1/2
 ROLLR, QS 95/2/1/29
 TNA, HO 129/408/34