Shearsby was a chapelry in Knaptoft parish, and was renowned in the 19th century for its medicinal waters. It is about 6 miles north of Lutterworth and 8 miles from Market Harborough.
Thomas Crane’s house was licensed for dissenting meetings in 1794, but the denomination which met here is not recorded.
No nonconformist congregation was noted here in 1829. Two chapels made returns to the 1851 religious census. The Particular Baptists met in a building which could accommodate 80 worshippers. There was an evening service on Sunday 31 March that year, attended by 50 people, 10 less than the usual average. The Latter Day Saints met in a house which had been licensed for worship, with two Sunday services, in the afternoons and evenings. There were 30 people at the afternoon service on 31 March 1851 and 48 attended in the evening.
At this stage of our research, no further information has been found.
 R.H. Evans, ‘Nonconformists in Leicestershire in 1669’, Trans LAHS 25 (1949), p. 135
 A. Whiteman, The Compton Census of 1676: A Critical Edition (London, 1986), p. 337
 ROLLR, QS 44/1/2
 TNA, HO 129/408/46
 TNA, HO 129/408/47